October 05, 2005

Texas Scarecrow Festival - Chapel Hill, TX

I just wanted to share this link in case someone stops in. I have gotten a ton of hits on my website recently because of the Chapel Hill Scarecrow Festival in Texas that I included in our field trip list. I wasn't able to figure out how to edit that post with this link since it was so far back...

The Scarecrow Festival is this coming weekend (see the flyer at the link in this sentence). It is really fun... lots of crafts, interesting foods, face painting, and scarecrows everywhere! Chapel Hill is lovely country with rolling hills and historic homes, and is just south of Brenham on Highway 290. Be sure to get there early as you will have a long walk from where you park if you don't. This is one of the smaller Texas festivals, but the crowds in Texas seem to turn up regardless of size!

I wish I had a photo available to paste in here... but alas, it has been many years since we went to the festival, and my photos from then are not on this PC anymore.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

  1. I AM NEW TO THE STATE AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO FIND THESE FESTIVALS. I USE TO LIVE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA WHERE WE HAD HUGE FESTIVALS. I ONLY SEEN TO FIND SMALLER VENUES.. KIMLOUANNROSS@YAHOO.COM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.