December 12, 2007

On the Road Again...

On-the-Road-Again

I think I've said it before, but we are a traveling family in December. We pack up like a herd of nomads in Mongolia (minus the tent and pooping on the ground thing) and head for relatives around the Lone Star state. My kids have six sets of grandparents. Kev's parents (mom-stepdad, mom-stepmom), my parents (dad-stepmom, mom, adopted grandpa, ex-stepdad-step-mom). Unfortunately, the only one of their great-grands left is my step-grandma in Florida. They have only met her once at my sister's wedding. Needless to say, my kids lack for nothing at Christmas time, that is for sure... if only we can keep the vehicles filled with gas and the laundry done enough to fill our suitcases. Spending time on the road is not a big deal for us because it is all we have ever known.

So this is December. Another trip around the ribbon of freeway that holds Texas together is under-way. We left Friday last and are heading home early - today most likely. Thanks for allowing me room to enjoy my 'holidays'... although sometimes vacationing feels more like work than working. If that makes sense? See you from the bee-hive soon!


Subscribe to Sprittibee by Email

Buzz Words: , , , , , , , ,

7 comments:

  1. I love you mommy! I am so glad that we made it home! Just remember that I
    love you, and will always.
    Love,
    Mees-Alees

    https://Mees-Alees.blogspot.com

    Lovie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovie to you, my little snickerdoodle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww.... I hope you all have the jim-dandiest time! This is why we want to "go West young man".... family. grandparents.... sigh.

    take care my friend!
    love, J
    Seeking Rest in the Ancient Paths

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jacque. Hope you get to go West some time soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vacations are always more work for us than just staying home, what with keeping up with all the little bodies and all of their accoutrements! But it's a whole bunch of fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a fun time!! We are just warming back up after a few days without electricty! What a storm that was!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there dearie. Thank you for stopping by, and for the word of advice on the dizziness.

    I hope you enjoy your holiday vacation, but I know what you mean about it can bee more work than pleasure! lol

    Anyway, I see your sweet snickerdoodle has a blog.. may I stop over there?

    Love,
    Jocelyn @ A Pondering Heart
    http://aponderingheart.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.