April 19, 2008

Weekend Nature Photos, Part 2

blackducks

And the second installment of our weekend nature shots is in... anyone care to guess what type of ducks those are? Bonus points if you can share a link to more info! Lovely red eyes. One of the kids said they looked "possessed". I saw quite a few other marsh animals tonight, too. These ducks were the only animals that weren't skittish. We had an all-day family get-together and drove a long distance to get there... and I'm pooped. Tomorrow we'll be on our way home. See you in here after we get back.


Subscribe to Sprittibee by Email

Buzz Words: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

  1. They actually aren't even ducks! They are American Coot water birds :)

    http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/American_Coot_dtl.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen ducks like that. Now, being the KONOS Mom I am, I'm going to HAVE to look those up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.