October 28, 2008

Cracked Up, but Still Functioning

handle

This old Ford truck had seen better days. The sky-blue paint was cracked and rusted. It certainly speaks of me, too... depending on what day you judge. I'm a little cracked around the edges. It brings character, I hear. If not character; being cracked at least brings laughter... even if it means laughing at yourself. It's refreshing to know you don't have to be perfect... and that older things can still be beautiful.

This is my contribution for Wordless Wednesday (WW) and Thursday Challenge (TC). This week was "Shiny" at Thursday Challenge. My husband calls me "the crow" because I love shiny things and bling-bling. I used to have this cell phone that was encased in clear pink and had all sorts of blinking things on it. A groovy retro blinking antenna and a battery that made all sorts of patterns in a rainbow of LED lights. People used to slow down when I pulled up behind them in the car at night while I was on the phone... they thought I was a cop car I was so bright. Good thing I've grown up (a little) since then. Now I like old rusty things, too.


Subscribe to Sprittibee by Email

Buzz Words: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

17 comments:

  1. I thought you might like this awesome new movie! It is called Come What May! It supports the fight for life, inspires the Godly marriage and encourages purity. You can even veiw it free today and tomorrow yet! It is so worth the time. I am trying to get the word out before everyone goes to vote, too!
    It was made by over 40 homeschoolers! Way to go homeschoolers! A+
    Check out my post here:
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/SchoolinRhome/611224/
    Please leave me a comment if you were inspired and plan to pass it on to others. I'd love to hear that!
    In Christ's love,
    SchoolinRHome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture! Love it that you're an early WWer now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shot. It's so rich with history...how often do we see something old and worn out, yet we don't take the time to muse over it. I'm so glad you did, as this pic is rich with meaning.

    I've posted my WW contribution here, and hope you can pop by for a look soon - and hopefully share a Thematic Photographic picture, too! http://tinyurl.com/5hzlp7

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's giving me a caustic look. (doesn't it look like an eye?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice shot! I love the angle too:)

    Mine's up HERE and HERE. Hope to see you there! Happy Wordless Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shot, the picture could tell a million stories with each crack and the cracks pending...

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great subject! A worn car handle given a new perspective. Nice!

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shot. The cracked old paint adds a lot of character. (Sort of like the lines I keep finding around my eyes these days...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha- this reminds me of my first car, not sure how that thing stayed in one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess it's been a while since I've seen an old car, I forgot they crackle with age, like an old dish. :) Fun shot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the picture and your prospective. A magical WW to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is what I call character. No one wants to be around a person or a car that has no character.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved this shot. The handle looks like an eye looking back at you. And the worn paint with the juxtaposition of the shiny handle--KEWL!

    Maureen
    http://beingchronicallyillisapill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the juxtapostions (hmmm) not sure that is the right word and I know I didn't spell it right. Anyways, this photo is very thought provoking. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a great shot! and very nice composition!

    Happy WW!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.