November 18, 2008

Almost Wordless: My Romeo

romeo

This little critter is my furry-sweet love-bug. His name is Quaker. We named him that because we found him at the shelter the week of Thanksgiving last year.

Aside from the big hunk of burning love that I sleep beside each night (the one I married nearly 16 years ago) he's my favorite man. Ok, mancat.

I had no idea how good of a cat he would turn out to be. He's the goodest kitty. A very piously sweet fur baby - which suits his religious little name well. He even lets me rub his overly fuzzy belly.

I figured I would throw him a token post on his anniversary-of-adoption month. It was a year ago next week that he became part of our crazy little family.

We love you Quaker.


Subscribe to Sprittibee by Email

Buzz Words: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

18 comments:

  1. SUCH a good photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a very handsome kitty!

    And by the way, I like the comment you made about "thinking through your fingers." My fingers do a lot of my thinking for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I saw your post on twitter and thought awww she is posting about her hubby!

    Nice picture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot! What a sweet and handsome kitty!! Hard to believe it's been a year already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful kitty! Make me want one! I grew up with them and we have had a few in our marriage...but we have a dog, and leather furniture....hhmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, what a sweet little face he has! I've always been a huge believer in bringing animals home from the pound. When there are so many pets looking for homes, I find it difficult to consider buying one from a breeder. It's so much more meaningful this way.

    Fate definitely led Quaker to your family. Our beloved cat, Shadow, was a pound cat. After he passed away, we rescued a schnauzer named Frasier out of a neglectful home. It's such a joy to see another animal so loved and so welcome in his new family.

    Happy anniversary, Quaker. Here's to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that cat. If only he would let me squeeze him. Oh, the squeezing I could do to that cat. Maybe that's why he is anti-Sara. He senses my Elmyra tendencies. (Do you remember her? From the cartoon back in the 90s? She was obsessed with cats and they hated her? That's mine and Quaker's relationship.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great close up shot! Mine is, HERE. Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just sweet! Love the close up photo and she/he' looking so serious:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful capture!~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice shot! He's too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful portrait! I trust you have this now on your family picture wall :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is a handsome fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute cat! my cat doesn't ever let us get that close to her. she's a bit wild.
    Happy WW! Have you ever seen Hummingbird Babies?

    ReplyDelete
  15. He has such a beautiful and expressive face. So sweet! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How'd you get him to sit still and cooperate for that shot? My kitties are always on the move or sleeping so I'll never be able to capture such a pensive look.

    Our WW is here...

    ReplyDelete
  17. very pretty. it's hard to take pictures of cats, I've noticed. They're always moving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.