December 15, 2008

An Alien in a Dill Tree

alien-tree

This is what happens when you let your children decorate for Christmas. I came down to breakfast one day last week and this was my centerpiece. The Chick-Fil-A Pez Cow, the dill we had salvaged from the garden before it snowed and froze, the silver pine cone that didn't end up on the tree this year, the candy my mother shouldn't have bought, and an... ALIEN?

Nothing says Christmas like an extraterrestrial on your breakfast table, watching you eat your Captain Crunch. Let me tell you!

So this is my first day of Christmas photo post... I just couldn't resist the "in a tree" reference there. For those of you living in a fog that haven't heard the 12 Days of Christmas, it begins with a "partridge in a pear tree". Why someone would want that for Christmas, I don't know, either.

I'll keep my alien and the kids that put him on the table, thankyouverymuch. No partridges for me. And pear trees are over-rated. I'd rather have a peach, a Montezuma Cypress, a Vitex, or a big sprawling Live Oak.

What's on your table for Christmas? Want to join us in our 12 days of Christmas photos? Join the linky and get started!



Subscribe to Sprittibee by Email

Buzz Words: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like something the boys would do :) FUNNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is SO wonderful to be back in Texas with Chick Fil E!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ryc: yes, digital scrapping on scrapblog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.