December 23, 2008

On the 9th Day of Christmas: A Texas Reindeer

lufkin3

Only in Texas, folks. Only in East Texas will you find a fully functioning oil derrick subbing for Rudolph... and Santa in the back of a sawed off Mack Truck. No, really. I 'ain't lyin'.

lufkin2

You just gotta see it to believe it. Every year you'll find this red-nosed feller at the Lufkin Mall. All lit up for Christmas.

lufkin1

But I have a funny feelin' that Santa might usher you in to the Mall for gifts, because I doubt he has any in the back of that 'sleigh'.

Yeeeeehaw.



Subscribe to Sprittibee by Email

Buzz Words: , , , , , , , , , ,

5 comments:

  1. hee hee! that is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL that's cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this...it really is so Texas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We always spend Thanksgiving and Christmas in Lufkin. We drove right past that reindeer, today. It has become a familiar and friendly sight. Thanks for posting the great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.