September 07, 2009

What Color Will His Eyes Be?



There are no seven wonders in the eyes of a child. There are seven million. - Walt Streightiff

Steel gray. Dark blue. Hazel. Blue with brown specks. We argue amongst ourselves every day about little Viking's eyes. They are shifty, glistening little marbles that seem to look different depending on the light and his clothing.

Serious little eyes.

My eyes are orange-brown. They didn't turn brown until I was two years old. Kev's eyes are a turquoise blue with a lovely dark blue ring around the edge. Dreamy.

If Baby K's eyes turn Hazel (which is a green and brown mix, by the way), I'll have one kid with brown, one with blue, and one with green!

I'm enjoying watching them discover the world. I love to see them light up when he wrinkles his nose with a happy grin.

Matthew 6:22 - The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light.



These collages show three versions of the same photos. The photo at bottom left is the original shot - straight out of the camera. The photo on the bottom right has only the eye-pop action by Pioneer Woman done on it. It is like putting sunshine on your eyes so you can see them glow. [I promise, I'm not stalking her or anything. I just like her Photoshop actions, alright?!] The top photo on both is has been "colorized" and "boosted". I just love that suburban, Edward Scissorhands, retro cream color.

Looks great with his gray-blue-brown-hazel ... err, lovely eyes. Doesn't it?

So... tell me... what color do you think they will turn out to be? Let me know in this little poll:



5 comments:

  1. 1. I thought hazel was a form of blue? At least, my info says "hazel" and my eyes are definitely a green-blue in color

    2. I also heard that the definition of hazel was that it would look different in different lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I looked up hazel, it said green-brown. I have always thought it was a greenish color. Maybe it depends on the dictionary. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father's eyes are hazel, but with blue & green. His eyes are blue most of the time, but sometimes they are emerald green. My oldest took almost two years for his eyes to be completely brown, like yours, only I call it chestnut brown rather than orange-brown. I have blue eyes with a golden halo around the pupil. Dh has golden brown eyes, & all my kids have brown eyes--chestnut brown, dark golden brown, & almost black. All of their eyes are darker than either mine or my dh's. I voted blue on the wee Viking's eyes, but they'll be gorgeous whichever color they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does have serious eyes, doesn't he? Beautiful though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful eyes, with such sweet cheeks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.