February 03, 2010

Blissdom Limerick

There once was a girl named Heather
To Blissdom she went with Goodwill pants made of pleather
There's no way you will miss her
In tow are her kids and a her cooler
No doubt she'll come back with all her thoughts put ToGEtHeR


Can you imagine how much fun Heather is having right now?! Nothing better than driving many, many, m.a.n.y. hours in a car with children. Ah, the bliss. Who needs spas or a solitary trip to the bathroom when you can have that?

But, she does have a sweet destination to set her eyes on. While all of us non-Blissers carry on with the cooking, the cleaning, the laundry, the dishes, the sweeping, the "oh, you broke my Willow Tree figurine? no problem :(", the "honey, you really should vacuum today"-- you know LIFE at home, she will be free from those duties.

Only a wife and mother would call hours in a car, hotel rooms with children and crowds of people a vacation. I mean, really, when you step back and look at it it's insanity!

Alas, that insanity does include seeing Harry Connick Jr. Not too shabby.

Hope you've reached Blissdom by now, Heather!


Kerville Homeschoolers

3 comments:

  1. Very witty and true. Thanks for sharing. xox

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Leaving the duties? I wrassled the 10 month old for hours tonight while all the other kidless moms enjoyed their swanky dinner. He decided to throw his toys, steal people's silverware and beat it on the table, and spit chocolate on my dress. That's the thanks I get for taking him along instead of leaving him with granny and siblings!

    I may need a vacation when I get back, but it is fun... and the people "get it" (they are blog addicts, too)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I always know I can turn to you for a good laugh :D

    I'll pray for a good night's sleep!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.