March 17, 2010

Happy and Green 17th



Have you ever seen a leprechaun sleeping? Today is the baby's first birthday. Here he is sleeping in his 'birthday suit' with one of his soft, fluffy blankets. I'm busy cleaning up the house today and trying to figure out what type of cake to make for tonight... to go with my chicken noodle soup (Baby's favorite meal).



Here's my desktop. Complete in Smashing Magazine's March green. I don't really believe in luck... but I am very blessed. To me, lucky is more of a choice to see the wonders that God has placed in your life... not a working of chance happenstance.



Spring is here - and so is the warm weather. I'll be getting some close up shots of the clover today - and some pictures of the baby and all of us in our St. Patrick's Day Green.

I always liked St. Patty's day - through the years - for different reasons - but now I have an extra special, pint-sized reason to love it.

Our little man is the gold at the end of our rainbow. What a fun and mischievous little fellow!

Here's an Irish blessing for you to take with you the rest of today:

Wishing you always...
Walls for the wind,
A roof for the rain
And tea beside the fire.
Laughter to cheer you,
Those you love near you,
And all that your heart may desire.

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your little blessing! I can't believe he's having a birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st birthday, Baby Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your son! And I love your thoughts on luck, so very true:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to look at this "lucky" day - we have so much to be thankful for - blessings big and little. I thank God every day for my crew of 7 and my dear hubby - most of all for the gift of salvation - no luck involved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A year already? Wow. Happy Birthday!!!

    Soup sounds really good right now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! Happy birthday, little Viking! I love SmashingMag's calendar wallpapers. I use them every month.

    Great shots! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Love your blog....gave you an award @

    justanightowl.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.