March 25, 2010

Mikarose Give Away



Another day, another give-away.

This time, I'm giving away a 60$ gift certificate to Mikarose. Because a girl has to look good when she's reading, right?

Isn't this brown dress cute? I got one of the same dress in black, too - and they sent me these groovy scarves that go with them - but I ended up liking the dress much better plain (with tall boots of course). The scarves go great with button up shirts, though.

Mikarose has children's clothing and women's clothing and is offering 15% of their proceeds to Haiti relief right now. Their clearance section is where you will find this particular dress. I adore it... especially since it won't wrinkle and is machine washable!

The room in the background of the picture is my daughter's and the baby's room. I painted the mural on the wall and am about to add the owl to it in the next few days. My recent planning and crafting for an owl-themed first birthday party for him has got me on a time limit. Kevin's family that haven't ever been to our house are coming Saturday and I want them to see a finished wall. It only took me 9 months of pregnancy plus 1 year of the baby's life to get it done.

And I get on to my kids when they dawdle on their math. Ha!

The cat in this picture is my fur child, Quaker. He was glad to pose with me for the pictures. His eyes are gorgeous and match the green on the wall.

He is telling you he loves my brown dress in the picture on top. Can you hear him?

Either he's saying that, or he's griping at Morgan for that blurry photo on the bottom. Or maybe he's telling me to lay off the sweets so I won't look so frumpy.

Sometimes he's hard to understand.

If you can't wait and want to buy a dress when you visit the Mikarose website, be sure to use this 15% off code: "Sprittibee15"... so they know I sent you.

Otherwise...

Here's how to win (each item is one entry):

MANDATORY:

1. Just visit the MikaRose website and browse the dresses, then come back here and leave me a comment letting me know which dress you like best. Pretty simple, eh?

ADDITIONAL:

2. Make sure your pretty face is on my Google Friend box
3. Tweet about this contest (one tweet per day/each worth one entry if you comment separately for each one)
4. Stumble this post
5. Facebook about this post (be sure to stop in and fan Mikarose's page while you are there)
6. Blog about this give-away (worth 3 entries)

Fine Print: All entries must be received by next Thursday, April 1st. The giveaway is open to residents of the US and Canada. I'll give away the gift certificate to one randomly chosen commenter by the end of next week. You must provide a shipping address to me (that I will forward on to Mikarose via email) once the contest ends.

This review was my opinion of Mikarose and I was not compensated for it other than the two dresses Mikarose sent me to review.

Cat not included. (But I have another cat you might be interested in...)


49 comments:

  1. *giggle* - it looks kinda like you're giving the cat away. CUTE nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, dress wise I like the lindsay. HOWEVER I like one of the skirts and tops much better. I'm more of a skirt girl. You look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Alexia :) Great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in your google friend box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled this... except I am not really sure how StumbleUpon works, since I am very new to it... My username is Mommy2Benny though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked all the dresses, but the Lindsey was my favorite and most practical looking for my lifestyle anyway.

    I'll stumble this post too.

    ~Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Lindsey dress is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't find my pretty face, so I put my regular one in your Google Friend box.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tweet: http://twitter.com/Getalonghome/status/11039121650

    ReplyDelete
  10. I visited the site and liked several of the dresses and skirts, but I think my favorite was Alexia in brown. Also I like your fat cat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the Alice and Elizabeth dresses. I can't decide which I like more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have loved the Hollywood gown for my 20th anniversary last Sept, but alas the little black Eva would be my choice now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOOh. I do love the Elizabeth dress you are wearing (even the name)

    How does one go about ordering a dress online?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Heather! I don't think you read my last email correctly. I was talking about bartering.

    Come see my blog-- we are hybrid homeschooling!

    Thanks for the hotel settlement.:-) Much appreciated in God's timing.
    Love,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Naturally, I went straight to the clearance page. I LOVE the Cynthia dress in white. Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love her stuff! That Alexia dress is so cute! And I love that little Zoe dress for girls! This is a fabulous giveaway~! Thanks! =-D

    I am having a nifty lil' giveaway right now, too. Be sure to stop by 'n check it out~!

    http://classiclyamber.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  17. hard to choose, several things at the site caught my eye..but I think I would have to get the "Emily' dress or the cute eyelet skirt.

    love, love the painted wall! I'd love to see more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just tweeted it here!

    http://twitter.com/henjenca/status/11048161651

    @henjenca

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great find for pretty dresses! The Emily dress is without a doubt my favorite, but the brown dress you were wearing in the picture is lovely. The prices sure are reasonable here, too. Thank you for sharing the site.
    God bless,
    Margie H.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Alvina H. Forsythe3/25/2010 6:18 PM

    Wow, this really is a beautiful dress... I am really starting to love this chances of being able to win a lot of things lately, just getting really really great..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, this really is a beautiful dress... I am really starting to love this chances of being able to win a lot of things lately, just getting really really great..

    ReplyDelete
  22. That Alexia dress is darling and (gasp!) it looks like it would be slimming. Magic words. :)

    Enter me in your contest!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the Christine dress! Lots!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I absolutely like the classical lines of their dresses and skirts. They make a woman look very feminine and classy.

    In their clearance section, the Elizabeth and the Alice appealed to me. In their regular priced section for dresses, I liked the Alexia and Christine dresses. :)

    You look lovely in the dress, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the Christine dress. I also like several of the blouses. My husband prefers to see me in a blouse and skirt.

    julesreffner(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! I never even heard of this website. I loved several of the dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  27. i looked recently for affordable, pretty AND feminie dresses..and could not find ANY!

    thanks to your post, i know now, some really do exsist!

    it would be easier to say which one is my least favorite, lol:)

    one of my favs: Alexia and Emily. maybe just Emily! uggh! lol

    good luck everyone!

    melinda

    ReplyDelete
  28. How GORGEOUS you are. Inside and out!

    Tammy and Parker
    www.prayingforparker.com
    www.5minutesforspecialneeds.com
    @ParkerMama on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  29. HI! I just discoverd your blog -- we have the same verse in our header. Hey, great minds think alike!

    Anyway -- beautiful blog. I tried to subscribe through a feed, but had trouble. I'll try again. :)

    Oh, and I love the Alexia dress. Gorgeous. Great give-away!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would definitely go for the Eva. I like how the wrap part is higher than normal.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm your goofy, I mean google friend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like the Christine dress!
    rachel_demille@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I follow you on Google Friend Connect
    rachel_demille@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I stumbled this post (Rdemille)
    rachel_demille@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Tweet! http://twitter.com/tobinsmommy08/status/11240015512
    rachel_demille@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh, my goodness, I love the Christine dress... I haven't bought a new dress for over 4 years, but even if I don't win, I will probably break down and shop!

    I facebooked, blogged, google friended, and commented. (Do I have to leave a comment for each)? Thanks!!!

    lizajoy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. lizajoy@gmail.com
    blogged
    lizajoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. lizajoy@gmail.com
    google friended

    ReplyDelete
  39. lizajoy@gmail.com
    facebooked/fanned milarose

    ReplyDelete
  40. Alexia is pretty cute, but boo. They don't have the dress that you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm a google friend ~ not to be confused with a googley friend.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Rose Hutchison3/29/2010 9:36 PM

    Rose Hutchison, zullen@q.com

    I liked the Emily dress, a timeless classic.

    (My isp will be same as daughter's above; we are two different people posting)

    ReplyDelete
  43. All very nice! Christine was my impractical favorite.

    books.n.coffee (at) that google place.

    Michaele

    ReplyDelete
  44. Tweet! http://twitter.com/tobinsmommy08/status/11333104152
    rachel_demille@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love these dresses! What a great find. I especially love the Alice (and it's on clearance!) It just screams Springtime to me.

    iamericasmith at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Tweet! http://twitter.com/tobinsmommy08/status/11357623546
    rachel_demille@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I like The Zoe for little girls. So cute! I love the dress you are wearing. Is it on there? If so, must have missed it.

    Also, my little ol face is on your list. :]

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love the Alexia dress...really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Tweet! http://twitter.com/tobinsmommy08/status/11455603512
    rachel_demille@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.