Boy, this is a blast from the past. Rather than spend time writing something new today, I thought I would bless this blog with a bit of poetry I wrote in the past. Some day when I get a scanner, I'll post the photo that I have with this in my scrapbook. It is a photo of my husband - when he was only 21... looking lovely as the wind blew through his hair on the balcony of a hotel at night. It is such a blessing to still be smitten by the one you married 13 or so years ago... God is good.
_ _________________________________________________ _
Top So high...
On top of this concrete mountain
The wind blowing through my hair -
Doesn't ask where my feet stand
The stars reflecting in my eyes -
Don't ask why I gaze at them
The moon hung in this velvet sky -
Doesn't ask why I'm up so late...
So small...
The tiny world sleeping below me
No one sees the silent smile on my lips
As I stand on top of the world
_ _________________________________________________ _
Top So high...
On top of this concrete mountain
The wind blowing through my hair -
Doesn't ask where my feet stand
The stars reflecting in my eyes -
Don't ask why I gaze at them
The moon hung in this velvet sky -
Doesn't ask why I'm up so late...
So small...
The tiny world sleeping below me
No one sees the silent smile on my lips
As I stand on top of the world
_ _________________________________________________ _
Update - next morning... took a photo of my photo to post it here:
(Aint he a looker?!)
>
Update - next morning... took a photo of my photo to post it here:
(Aint he a looker?!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!
If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.
As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.