September 20, 2005

Little Dinosaur

Here's a face only a mama lizard could love. If he could just live to be 400, he might be big enough to fight back... and eat me. I tend to snag little creeping reptiles the second I lay eyes on them, just for fun. They have the absolute cutest little fingers. My kids call me the "Lizard Mama". Here's my latest scratchy little dragon which I snuck up on in the garden outside. We brought him in for a photo shoot. Poor little guy, he wasn't sure if we were serious when we finally let him go - still in shock.
One of my favorite post cards was by a really talented cartoonist - I forget his name. I think he lived in Hawaii or something. He had the most awesome post card of a lizard, lying in his little matchbox bed, reading a comic book about dinosaurs.... dreaming he was a ferocious beast, chasing mankind. I see the dinosaur inside these little creatures. They are God's small, green, interesting handiwork... to those with eyes to see them for what they really are.
Deep in all of us, there's the image of something we know we could be - if only we had the confidence to trust God and ourselves, and not worry what other people think. God made each of us for a purpose. We may be different shapes, sizes, and colors, but we are all special. I pray that we can all let our little dinosaurs out (not only daydream about it), and not waste the talent and future God has given us. There's no better day to start than today! Carpe Diem.


tinydinosaur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.