September 21, 2005

Tracking Hurricane Rita

As if we needed any more evacuees around here... now, the city of Galveston is being evacuated upwards into the state as well. I'm in a coastal area, also, so we're packing up and heading North for the rest of our school week and weekend. I certainly won't be using Priceline to book my hotel, though!

Make the most of this homeschool event if you are interested in hurricanes. Here are some websites you and your children will enjoy:

Do Some Hurricane Tracking and Research

Make a Hurricane Lapbook

For more information about lapbooking:

Stay SAFE and Pray for the areas Rita will make landfall!


Technorati Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're packing up and heading north. I wondered how close you were to the coast. Stay safe. We'll be praying for your state!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.