Well, we're finally plunging in after our month-long moving hiatus. The kids and I have already read the Bible and they are doing Math and Language worksheets while I check email, blog, and sort the bookshelves out. We're going to finish up the Military Unit we've been doing, and we're going to do some Thanksgiving activities and read some Thanksgiving books.
Hopefully soon, I can finish up my promised 2003-2004 School Year posts and get that checked off my list.
This week is going to be a busy one, since for the first time EVER, we are having Thanksgiving by ourselves. That means I have to cook the entire meal... and we are used to going to eat with family where there are many dishes to pick from... including sweet potato casserole, sautéed green beans, broccoli-cheese-rice casserole, turkey and dressing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, raspberry-pecan Jell-O salad, mashed potatoes and gravy, etc. I'm not sure we'll have everything on our usual menu, but at least most of it. That means I'm going to be cooking from Wednesday morning until Thursday afternoon! I'll let you know how it goes.
I have been saving up a bunch of links to post about, and will be posting them tomorrow (or late tonight). They include homeschool links and articles, funnies, artsy links, book links, family links, etc. Be sure to stop in tomorrow for those.
Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone! Stop by and see the Thanksgiving Greeting on your way out!
Technorati Tags: Life, Homeschool, Homeschooling, Home School, home-school, Learning
Hopefully soon, I can finish up my promised 2003-2004 School Year posts and get that checked off my list.
This week is going to be a busy one, since for the first time EVER, we are having Thanksgiving by ourselves. That means I have to cook the entire meal... and we are used to going to eat with family where there are many dishes to pick from... including sweet potato casserole, sautéed green beans, broccoli-cheese-rice casserole, turkey and dressing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, raspberry-pecan Jell-O salad, mashed potatoes and gravy, etc. I'm not sure we'll have everything on our usual menu, but at least most of it. That means I'm going to be cooking from Wednesday morning until Thursday afternoon! I'll let you know how it goes.
I have been saving up a bunch of links to post about, and will be posting them tomorrow (or late tonight). They include homeschool links and articles, funnies, artsy links, book links, family links, etc. Be sure to stop in tomorrow for those.
Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone! Stop by and see the Thanksgiving Greeting on your way out!
Technorati Tags: Life, Homeschool, Homeschooling, Home School, home-school, Learning
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!
If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.
As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.