"He makes his home where the living is best." - Latin Proverb
August 31st we moved out of our house ... and here it is, November, and we are finally in another contract. Our closing date is set for the 21st (the week of Thanksgiving), but hopefully it will be earlier because the property is vacant and both parties are in a hurry to close the deal. This comes as a relief after three offers on three different houses and plenty of tiresome searching for just the right home.
I am excited that we'll be in a house that has plenty of space, but I am also apprehensive about an interest-only mortgage payment in a risky market that experts say is near bust. The news today of the tax strategy to eliminate breaks for homeowners was not welcome news. Never has the economy looked so gloomy as far as I'm concerned. For a family that lives on the proceeds of one wage-earner's salary, the cuts to the "middle class" are close to the quick... and could mean the difference between the middle class and the "tragically financial-impared class".
My prayer is that not only will God more than enable us to sustain our living expenses here, but that He would bless us richly and prosper us so that we are able to completely dig out of the bondage of debt... and we are able to be a blessing to others for Him. We commit our ways to Him, sink or swim. If it is the Lord's will, we pray that this house will close and we will be legal residents of our new state in November of 2005.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
I am excited that we'll be in a house that has plenty of space, but I am also apprehensive about an interest-only mortgage payment in a risky market that experts say is near bust. The news today of the tax strategy to eliminate breaks for homeowners was not welcome news. Never has the economy looked so gloomy as far as I'm concerned. For a family that lives on the proceeds of one wage-earner's salary, the cuts to the "middle class" are close to the quick... and could mean the difference between the middle class and the "tragically financial-impared class".
My prayer is that not only will God more than enable us to sustain our living expenses here, but that He would bless us richly and prosper us so that we are able to completely dig out of the bondage of debt... and we are able to be a blessing to others for Him. We commit our ways to Him, sink or swim. If it is the Lord's will, we pray that this house will close and we will be legal residents of our new state in November of 2005.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!
If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.
As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.