November 30, 2005

Lots of Blog Awards

Blog of Beauty Awards
Finalists Announced at Two Talent Living


Evangelical Blog Awards
Nominations are being taken at The Evangelical Underground

Homeschool Blog Awards
Nominations being accepted for the below categories at Spunky Homeschool

Here are my nominations for the homeschool ones:

Best Homeschooling Mom Blog - Christian Home School Teachers' Lounge

Best Homeschooling Dad Blog - Isn't It Rich

Best Homeschooling Family blog - Shades of Pink
(I would nominate Spunky for this also, but she said she is not taking nominations...)

Best Homeschooling Teen blog - The Rebelution

Best Informational Homeschool blog - From Cindy Rushton's Desk(TOP!)!

Best Inspirational Homeschool blog - The Joy of the Lord is my Strenth
(I will have to say that not only are her posts inspirational, she is a blessing to all when she comments on their blogs as well!)

Best Homeschooling Humor blog - Obstreperous Heart

Best Team / Group Homeschool Blog - Beauty from the Heart
(KUDOS to their mission and efforts!!!)

Best Homeschool Curriculum / Business Blog - KONOS
("The Grandaddy of Unit Studies" - This was a no brainer!)

Best Homeschool Blog Template Design - Amy's Humble Musings

Best Canadian Homeschool Blog - The Joy of the Lord is my Strength
(forgive me for nominating her twice, but she's the only canadian homeschooler I know!)

Best International Homeschool Blog - I have no idea... ???

Best Current Events Homeschool Blog - JackLewis.net
(run by a homeschooling dad)

Best Homeschool Arts Blog - SoulPerSuit
(this is run by a homeschool mom who uses KONOS Curriculum - not sure if it is technically a blog?)

Best Homeschool Photo Blog - Bioluminescence and Wittingshire

Best UNCOOL Homeschool Blog - Sprittibee
(OK, so this wasn't a category, but I just wanted to nominate myself for something!)


GO NOMINATE AND VOTE!!!!!!


8 comments:

  1. I like all your choices. Except your choice in the last category. I humbly disagree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am glad Spunky and Two Talent Living are taking the time to do these blog awards-I think it is a nice way to point out some quality sites on the web. The only problem is that I have found TONS of new blogs over the last couple of days--in fact most of your nominations are new to me. It is a bit overwhelming but fun at the same time!

    Have a great day!

    BTW-I think I have visited your blog before for Thursday Theme

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too kind, all. :) Glad to meet you Randi. Yes, I have participated in Thursday quite a bit in the past few weeks. I skipped this week, however.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and Sheri... I'm not supposed to tell you this, but there are ways you can get discounted Konos books. I didn't pay full price for all of mine. Email me off list and I'll divulge my poor-folk secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nomination, Heather. You're too kind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Heather, for the plug in the humor category.

    I definately think you need to go back and nominate yourself for a true category; I agree with Sheri on the inspirational category - or informational. In fact, that's what I'm going to do - right now!

    Peace,
    Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome Rich and Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sprittibee,
    Thanks for voting for Soul Per Suit, which does have a blog BTW, http://soulpersuit.blogspot.com/

    This art-loving KONOS mom is getting ready to begin the Honor unit next semester, which means sculpture, pottery, mosaics, tapestries, and cathedral architecture. I simply can not wait to get started. :)

    I've sure enjoyed reading your blog as well. I appreciate that you "think via keyboard" because people like me can fire up our synapses through your writing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.