December 02, 2005

Grounding Myself - Priorities Amuck

"Mean, old Mommy!" I can almost hear my husband say... something he always says when I discipline the kids and take away a priviledge or toy.

I am grounding myself from the blog for a bit... I have a list of things I have to get done that will not wait a minute longer. But while I check my list off, you are most welcome to read this little essay about redeeming your time! Taking my own advice has always been a hard thing for me to do... so I'm glad I have you to keep me accountable. :)

1. Checkbook/bills (paid what I could...)
2. Menu plan for next week (Check my foodie blog for recipes!)
3. Plan my next KONOS unit
4. Grade three stacks of school papers (recorded papers and sorted them, have to sit down and grade over the weekend...)
5. Update my calendar and dayplanner
6. Do umpteen piles of laundry and put away (how is it that I have as much laundry again as I did before I started?)
7. Figure out where to unbox and store these school supplies (rather than the corner or hallway)
8. *forgot to add this earlier* Spend time with my family today!


Don't let me post in here until I'm done. I give you full permission to yell at me in ALL CAPS if I try.

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND and I'll hopefully be back in Sunday night or Monday to X off my list and post something fabulous. Until then, have a good time reading the wonderful blogs that are linked in my sidebar!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the small essay, very ... timely, I must say, especially for me.
    As usual, your posts are worth gold.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.