February 21, 2008

Art Fair Photo Collage

artfair

We had a blast last weekend at the co-op art fair. My kids and I went through three years of artwork and they picked their favorites to display on their tables. Some of it was art done on the backs of church prayer cards, some sketches on notebook paper, a couple of paint-by-numbers, and some "real" artwork that covered entire sheets of cardstock with vibrant color. Anything you could create was fair game: a crossbow, a shawl, a poem, a dinosaur fossil replica! We had over 20 kids participate. Our co-op is rather large, so it is sad that less than half of the children entered the fair.

One of our moms created comment sheets for everyone to write on as they stopped to look at the art. I know my kids treasure the encouragement and kind words. What a great way to spur on your children to make more art and feel more confident that what they create really matters! I'm going to get some Crown art awards (art medals) for the children that participated and hand them out the next time we all gather together in a large group (kind of like an informal awards ceremony).

One of my favorite pieces of art was a watercoloring by a preschool child of a "choo-choo train". For some reason it really made me happy! Art is like that - it just makes you smile inside looking at the expressions of beauty that people can produce. Creativity is one of our most wonderful characteristics... the very DNA of our creator.

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better. ~ Andre Gide (1869 - 1951)



Subscribe to Sprittibee by Email

Buzz Words: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

  1. Oohhh ahh very nice! :) It looks like y'all had a great time at the artfair! ; )

    Love
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea, you are so lucky to have such a group!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.