March 23, 2008

Easter Wishes

easter1914
Follow the link behind the picture and enjoy the very LONG Easter poem I found on the net. My favorite part was this:

In the beauty of that desert place,
The Savior of mankind
Faced all the ugliness
His charges could offer:
The pain, the hate,
The sin, the sorrow,
The waste, the wickedness,
The pride, the poverty,
The deceit, the ignorance,
The doubt, the fear,
The betrayal
--And even the
Loneliness--
Alone.

cross cross cross

As His immortal, righteous blood
Was spilled, like sweat
From every pore
And fell to the thirsty earth below,
I cannot hide
My honor and my awe
At His great love for me;
Neither can I hide
My shame,
Self-reproach
And regret. For
How many of those precious drops
Am I responsible for?
--As He suffered
The bitter cup,
Alone.
I'm praying your Easter is a joyous one and that the savior has you wrapped in love and filled with joy.

May you... find time,
sigh big,
laugh from down deep,
spring with your step,
and be wrapped by the arms
of your beloved ones.

May the light of Christ be in you.



Subscribe to Sprittibee by Email

Buzz Words: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. "How many of those precious drops
    am I responsible for?"

    But it's all washed away!!!

    What love and mercy!!

    Beautiful excerpt.

    Darnelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.