May 30, 2008

The Longest Field Trip.... continued....

collage11

These are some of the photos from Day 4 of our extended Robotics "field trip" that we took from Texas to Michigan and back. I know it is late in coming, but I figured I would dish it out on a Friday when I'm supposed to be doing "Field Trip Foto Friday" anyway. If you notice, I actually took a photo of a cute SUBWAY on our trip as we passed by. Little did I know that Subway would soon be in 'homeschool headlines'. Gotta laugh at that!

We woke up on Sunday morning after a long sleep in a hotel in Michigan (which was badly needed after only 2 hours rest the previous night)... and we hopped in the car to go check out Detroit before leaving town. We got stuck on the Ohio Turnpike, met some nice people who gave us a church hymn CD and let us take their photo (not included here), stopped along the way for photos of barns... cemeteries... flowers... and whatever else struck our fancy. I got one shot of a union soldier statue (something you DON'T see in the SOUTH), but when I tried putting it on this collage, his head kept getting chopped off. I even took one of myself in the side mirror (which my husband promptly called me a DORK for once I got home). Hey - you do strange things when you are in a car for seven days. So sue me.

We passed through Ohio and in to Indiana amidst the sea of farms and barns and arrived hungry for dinner. Tomorrow I'll share with you our wonderful first night at the Dixon's house and show you what beautiful Amanda made us to eat! Country girls really know how to treat a guest with home-cooked hospitality!

Have a super weekend.


Quick Links
Trip Dashboard
Goodbye
Day 1 of our Robofest Trip (Texarkana)
Burritos for Peace Program
Day 2 of our Robofest Trip (White Line Fever)
Day 2 & 3 of our Robofest Trip (Down Home on the Farm)
Day 2 of our Robofest Trip (too many states for 1 day)
Day 2 of our Robofest Trip (LaGrange, KY)
Day 3 of our Robofest Trip (Robot Competitions)
Day 4 of our Robofest Trip (Swap Present Pick-up)
Day 3 & 4 of our Robofest Trip (Texan in Detroit)



Subscribe to Sprittibee by Email

Buzz Words: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. Aww gee thanks! I am glad you enjoyed the meal. I must say it was pretty good! ;)

    Hope to see you soon! HUGS!
    Love,
    Amanda
    http://superangelsblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.