July 25, 2008

Show and Tell: Weaving

finished-weaving

I promised back in March that I would show you what the final weaving looked like when my kids finished their art project. Well, here's one of them - hanging on its new perch in the school room. Turns out, I needed something JUST THAT COLOR to help pull the room together. The children get a lot of compliments on it when they have visitors over. If only they all knew how easy weaving was!

Now we just need to take it down when we have some free time and add tassles or beads to the bottom stick. That's the neat thing. You can add later - you don't have to be "finished" when it comes to fabric creations. If you notice something later, you can just add it on!

Looking for a fun project to do with the kids for art next year? Get some twigs, grasses, yarns, and cardboard together and start your own weaving project. Check out some books on different styles of weaving. Let your children explore this ancient art and create something tangible they can show to friends and family - to credit them for their persistence and creativity.


Subscribe to Sprittibee by Email

Buzz Words: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.