August 26, 2009

Organic Applesauce Peanut Butter and Juicebox Give-Away



I don't know about you, but I love me some organic food. Santa Cruz Organic and R. W. Knudsen Organic 'Sensible Sippers' stole our hearts soon after they arrived in our home. They sent us a box full of organic samples in the mail that weighed as much as a heavy stack of text books. We couldn't believe how much food was in it. Did I mention that I love food? In this BOX o' ORGANICS (the very same box you can win in this post) were a bunch of juice boxes, two jars of organic peanut butter (crunchy and creamy), and FOUR different kinds of applesauce! The UPS man may never recover from carrying all that food up to my door.

There was Apple Apricot Sauce, Apple Blackberry Sauce, Apple Cinnamon Sauce and Apple Raspberry Sauce... oh, it was dreamy!

I wish we still had some in the refrigerator right now.

Applesauce is one of our favorite snacks during school because it is healthy and easy (no peeling necessary). I just don't pass up free applesauce, y'all. Applesauce is a Sprittibee staple. I HAD to try this stuff... and I was NOT disappointed. It is crazy good. I am in to brand loyalty (stuck in my ways), but I'm telling you - we have been pining for this stuff since the last of it disappeared.

Unfortunately, the nearest store that sells it is quite a ways in to town. We remain determined to get some more, though. The kids even mentioned it to me today. I'm hoping to talk our local grocery store in to carrying these yummy treats.



After the applesauce vanished, we dug in to the juice boxes. I don't know about you, but I like to add water to my juice to make it less sweet so the kids don't get used to so much sugar. This is especially true for the little ones and kids who are sensitive to sugar in the first place. R. W. Knudsen Organic Sensible Sippers thought of everything. Now you don't have to worry about the kids getting STRAIGHT juice when they crack open a cold juice box on the go - theirs come with 50% juice, 50% water... and they are entirely ORGANIC! My little Bee is sure to be enjoying these in the future!

We loved the flavors, too: Apple, Fruit Punch (organic apple, pineapple, orange, and lemon juices), Banana (shown above), and Mixed Berry (organic apple, raspberry, blackberry, cherry and white grape juices). Mmmm!



Of course, their peanut butter wasn't bad, either. Tastes great with my plum jelly on a PBJ for lunch! In fact, we ate some today! What I love is that they have light roasted creamy or crunchy and DARK roasted creamy or crunchy! They call it 'gourmet peanut butter'. I just call it yummy.

Here's how you can win a heavy box full of yummy organic treats:

#1 (mandatory) Visit www.knudsenjuices.com and click on their 'recipe' section. Tell me your favorite of the recipes they have listed. Leave it in one comment by itself.

#2 (mandatory) Visit www.scojuice.com and click on their 'products' section. Leave one comment by itself telling me what your favorite item is.

Other ways to get additional entries:

#3 (optional) tweet about this contest. ( @sprittibee is giving away a huge box of Organic Applesauce Peanut Butter and Juiceboxes for back to school! Pls RT! http://bit.ly/LSyFy ) You can do this once each day - one entry each time. Leave one comment with your tweet url for each time you tweet.

#4 (optional) follow my recipe blog: www.gatheringmanna.blogspot.com (you can also click the food link in my sidebar!) Leave a comment here telling me that you did it so it will count as an entry.

#5 (optional) email me your favorite recipe. Just because. Then social-bookmark this post! (Stumble, Digg, Facebook, Del.icio.us, etc.) Leave a comment telling me which you did. One entry for each.

#6 (optional) share your favorite snack idea for the school year. Make sure it is in it's own separate comment!

There you go! Six easy ways to enter and win a huge box of organic treats for your kiddos (or yourself... cuz I know you'll be sneaking some when the rug rats aren't looking).

You have until September 12th to enter. The winner will be chosen at random by random.org and announced on September 13th. Good luck!

Happy healthy eating and drinking this school year!



Subscribe to Sprittibee by Email

Buzz Words: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

97 comments:

  1. I like the Knudsen recipe for the caramel apple smoothie. I love apples and caramel- they remind me of fall, my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the looks of that Santa Cuz tea. I love tea of all kinds and am always looking for new flavors and brands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I signed up for your recipes at your gathering manna site. I have always enjoyed looking at your recipes there. I signed up under my email- bethypa@yahoo.com. These comments are sent under my son's gmail account, hence the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite snack idea for this year is popcorn. I like it because it is quick, filling and you can mix up the flavor- salty, cheesy, kettle corn, caramel.. so many options. Or with just plain butter. It makes everyone sit down to share and talk too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bookmarked you at Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tweeted today!

    http://twitter.com/jolenegreen/status/3555347892

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a hard time choosing on the Knudson website which recipes looked the best! I fell in love with all the smoothie recipes..My top 5 are:
    Heavenly pineapple coconut smoothie
    Pumpkin Pie smoothie
    Boysenberry Burst
    breakfast bananza
    kiwi kick
    YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. From the Santa Cruz website...I would love to try the Super Fruit Blands! I dont have any Santa Cruz juice near me anywheres...but it sure does look good and een better...its organic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I homeschool...so my fav snack idea is something great the kids can help me make! My kiddos are 5 and 6. They love to make FRUIT SALAD!! It is easy, yummy and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. On the Knudsen sight, I am making the French Toast. Looks like a new twist on our favoite breakfast for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am hoping to find some of the apple blueberry sauce near me. Sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am now a recipe follower. I love trying new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i would love to try the Pineapple Yam Bake recipe! Especially when yams are so plentiful in the fall. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to try the Santa Cruz Organics cherry soda! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. At the Knudsen site, I found a recipe for SOY Panna Cotta. This is awesome because my son is allergic to dairy! cookiecutter72 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to try the Tangerine soda. cookiecutter72 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I put you on my Facebook page.
    cookiecutter72 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Katrina Flaws8/26/2009 11:07 AM

    Im going to try the Knudsen for the Peachy Keen smoothie. Im making yogurt in the crockpot now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Katrina Flaws8/26/2009 11:09 AM

    The Santa Cruz Apricot Mango juice is wonderful! Put in some crushed ice or make popsicles for the kiddos! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Katrina Flaws8/26/2009 11:12 AM

    Im signed up for your recipe blog Gathering Manna. Love the name by the way. Im signed up under email lunamom_murphy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Katrina Flaws8/26/2009 11:15 AM

    My easiest and most healthy after school snack (actually we homeschool so its an anytime snack) is when I make smoothies in the morning, then freeze the leftovers in popsicles for the kids. I have a recipe called the Popeye smoothie which has OJ, spinach, coconut oil, flax seeds and a handful of frozen blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Katrina Flaws8/26/2009 11:17 AM

    Ive got you on my links page on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh yum!
    Pomegranate Sorbet...gonna have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh, sparkling tangerine sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. the Double Cherry Vanilla smoothie sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  26. i tweeted http://twitter.com/agodlyhomemaker/status/3561756314

    ReplyDelete
  27. i love the Juice Drink Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  28. we love homemade yogurt with strawberries as a snack

    ReplyDelete
  29. i like the Cranberry Tea Refresher recipe. it looks really yummy :)

    sadiekate2001 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. i think the Santa Cruz Organic® organic chocolate syrup sounds really good!

    sadiekate2001 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. i tweeted! http://twitter.com/sadiekate08/status/3562286451

    sadiekate2001 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. http://twitter.com/jolenegreen/status/3555347892

    I tweeted again today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really think the Sunrise Smoothie sounds good.

    jhenrichs@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. The product I like the best is the juice boxes, tropical flavor.

    jhenrichs@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Black Forest Cherry Smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  36. http://twitter.com/tracibest Tweet!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Now following Gathering Manna! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sent Cran-Apple Oatmeal recipe...and linked to this post on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Favorite Snack Idea: Pumpkin Cake! This weekend I mixed up a dark chocolate cake mix with a small can of pumpkin, two eggs and two Tbs of oil. Bake by directions on the box.

    I glazed it with a powdered sugar/cocoa glaze but it would be good with just a dab of cool whip!

    The great thing is you can switch out any type of cake mix! Yellow, white or SPICE would be yummy.

    I added 2 T cinnamon to the cake mix and 2tsp of cinnamon to the glaze too to shake it up a bit.

    Extra fiber and veggies! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I like the recipe for the Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. Coming from the "Pumpkin Capital of the World," I have a weakness for anything pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. The Santa Cruz Rasberry Lemonade sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm going to follow your recipe blog through google reader.

    ReplyDelete
  43. A snack we like at our house:

    Party rye bread
    mayo
    cucumber, cut in slices
    crazy pepper

    Spread a little mayo on each slice of party rye bread. Add a cucumber slice and sprinkle with crazy pepper!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I tweeted today. www.twitter.com/susanmight

    ReplyDelete
  45. I emailed you my favorite recipe and I also "bookmarked" (posted a link to) this post on my Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  46. My kids and I love it when I make a fruit dip made of marshmallow fluff, cream cheese and a bit of vanilla extract mixed together. I then put out a variety of fresh fruit and we dip and munch til our hearts (and tummies) content.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I am now following your Gathering Manna Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I went to the Knudsen Juices website and checked out their recipes. I can't wait to try many of their smoothie recipes as my kids love smoothies and I think it is a great way to get a serving or more of fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I am looking forward to trying the Santa Cruz juice boxes. I think I will stop by the store today and pick some up. I think this will be a great alternative on-the-go drink to our usual soda from the drive-thru. The fact that they are organic is an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Mmmm...the Knudsen french toast sounds yummy! I have some of their juice here and it is good!

    ReplyDelete
  51. We love the Santa Cruz Mango Lemonade...makes good popsicles too!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Just signed up to follow your recipe blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Tough choice. I like the Black Forest Cherry smoothie (but I'd use organic chocolate milk instead of soymilk). Orange Mango Chicken looks yummy, too. Thanks for this giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Over at Santa Cruz Organics, their Raspberry Lemonade soda looks good. Peanut butter, too (love all things peanut butter!). Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Just twittered at twitter.com/LilbearMe

    ReplyDelete
  56. My fave recipe is Ranch Chicken http://embraceeverymoment.blogspot.com/2009/02/ranch-chicken.html . Just posted on facebook.com/LilbearMe

    ReplyDelete
  57. My fave snack idea depends on the day, our moods, and what kind of pick-me-up we need. Mainly, a piece of fruit and a sweet & salty nut bar (Nature Valley) works well. Sometimes I throw in some m&m's or a few Dove chocolates for a boost (definitely for me!).

    ReplyDelete
  58. Lemon Ginger Granita sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Champagne Style Sparkling Limeade is my favorite product.

    ReplyDelete
  60. TWEET
    http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/3644479166

    ReplyDelete
  61. One of my favorite snacks is frozen grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  62. just twittered....

    www.twitter.com/susanmight

    ReplyDelete
  63. posted a link to facebook.

    www.facebook.com/smight

    ReplyDelete
  64. Daily Tweet

    http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/3670150539

    ReplyDelete
  65. twittered and posted on facebook

    www.twitter.com/susanmight

    www.facebook.com/smight

    ReplyDelete
  66. Pina Colada anyone? :) YUM!
    http://www.knudsenjuices.com/recipes/smoothies_and_snacks/heavenly_pineapple_coconut_smoothie

    ReplyDelete
  67. http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/3742558025

    ReplyDelete
  68. following your gathering manna blog

    ReplyDelete
  69. Tweet

    http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/3761936023

    ReplyDelete
  70. http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/3787809580

    ReplyDelete
  71. http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/3800722778

    ReplyDelete
  72. http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/3819320252

    ReplyDelete
  73. I like Knudsen's Caribbean Punch recipe.

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  74. I like the Santa Cruz Organic chocolate syrup. Yum!!!

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  75. I tweeted about this for 9/7:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/3820524222

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  76. I follow your recipe blog.

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  77. My favorite snack idea is apple and cheese slices... oooh good!

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  78. Just retweeted again! Thanks for this giveaway, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  79. http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/3845020309

    ReplyDelete
  80. I tweeted for 9/8:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/3854601354

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

    (Does it help if we shout, "We love you, Heather!"???)

    ReplyDelete
  81. http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/3872019352

    ReplyDelete
  82. http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/3889257539

    ReplyDelete
  83. twittered an posted on facebook...

    www.twitter.com/susanmight

    www.facebook.com/smight

    ReplyDelete
  84. I tweeted for 9/10:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/3901528900

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  85. Daily Tweet

    http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/3915368685

    ReplyDelete
  86. My Final Tweet
    http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/3937287809

    ReplyDelete
  87. I tweeted for 9/12:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/3941689547

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  88. Fave recipe: Grilled Spiced Apple Jamaican Jerk Chicken. (mouthful!)

    ReplyDelete
  89. Fave Santa Cruz product: Dark roasted crunchy!

    ReplyDelete
  90. I tweeted: http://twitter.com/queenmotherblog/status/3947451045

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.