November 20, 2009

Photographic Homeschool Mama's Software Wishes



Besides being a wife, mama, and homeschooler - I'm a photo nut. This should come as no surprise to those of you who have ever been here before.

Photo nuts heart Adobe. That's just a given fact. See? You aren't learning anything new yet. But you will... just wait...

The photo up above was altered in Lightroom by my friend Dawn. It looks like a pro photo, right? Well, at least I thought so. I may be a bit biased.

I emailed the picture to Dawn to see what she would do with it in Lightroom because I love playing with pictures. And I love seeing what other people create when they play with pictures. Just look at the difference...

Here's the SOOC (straight out of the camera):



Amazing, hu?

Software is expensive, though! Who can afford all the stuff that pro photographers use?! I wanted to give them a try though. So I did. After using trail versions of Photoshop and Lightroom, I'm now hooked. The only hurdle is the price.


Students and teachers save up to 80% on software!

That's why it is great that you can buy discounted software (and lots of other things) at Academic Superstore. I love them so much that I signed up to be an affiliate. I'm so thrilled to find a company with such great prices - and they are even local (Austin based)... aren't I lucky?

You only have to submit proof that you are homeschooling (such as a receipt for your homeschool curriculum you purchased) to get the awesome student/teacher discount they offer - up to 85% off on certain items in their store!

On my wish list are these items:

Photoshop CS4 ($298.95)
Lightroom ($98.95)
Windows 7 ($119.95)
Office Professional 2007 ($179.95)

You just can't beat those prices. Even if it takes me a long time to get them purchased (likely), at least they are doable one-at-a-time at 50-85% off. If you are pining away and planning to buy some upgraded software this Christmas (especially if you are a homeschool parent), be sure to check out Academic Superstore! Even better, click over and buy your stuff from here! You'll help me save up towards my Christmas wishes.




Quick Links:
Another Post where I used Pioneer Woman's Photoshop Actions
Admit it, You Came for the Pictures (and another)

Subscribe to Sprittibee by Email

9 comments:

  1. yep, that's how I got lightroom. I couldn't do what I do without it.

    cute pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Lightroom! You should download the beta for Lightroom 3...it's free right now. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link, I would love to upgrade my photoshop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad you posted the prices. i really want photoshop and lightroom too and i wondered what they'd cost at the homeschool discount price. if i order them i'll use your affiliate link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, girl! I didn't know you wanted the pic for a post. Thanks for the link lovin'. I'm waiting to see when LR 3 full version comes out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photography is addicting isn't it? I emailed you back. Call me soon and I'll share an insider with you. And thank you for the card. SO sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Heather. Your sister-in-law told me about you. We go to church together. I am also a homeschool mom. I have two blogs, one for art and one for sewing. I'd love for you to pay me a visit. Oh, and my 9 year old daughter, Emily, has has her own sewing blog. It's www.sewingsister.blogspot.com Now I'm off to look all through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's how I bought our new Photoshop & Lightroom for the new iMac. Gotta love an educator discount! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good one on Sprittibee and it helps a lot.

    If you are a person who want to learn about parenting and love your family then you should enjoy the content of this blog http://todayscliche.com/. Because I did and hope you would love too.

    You have a nice blog. Keep up the good work.

    Thanks,
    mark

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.