December 31, 2009

Saying Goodbye to 2009

windowsunset

Life is a rough biography. Memories smooth out the edges.

~ Dante G. Roque


The sun has set on 2009.

Memories of yesterday linger, mixed with warm laundry to fold on the bed. Tiny socks fall from soft-colored baby blankets. The sound of baby's breath and his peaceful face as he naps... they are a gift from heaven.

Life. Anew. This year.

So thankful that I can take this with me in to 2010.

This new little person.

Part of us.

fluffysleeper

As we say our goodbyes to the year past, I hope we can all find the tiny joys from 2009... pack them up... and take them with us.

Let's leave nothing good behind.

Let's build on every happy thought, every cherished memory, every smile.

Let's remember to capture hearts and moments.

Let's share ourselves in a real way with the ones we love.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

~ Philippians 4:8

Happy New Year!



Subscribe to Sprittibee by Email

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! And what a sweet, sleeping face. =)

    Happy New Year to you to, friend! (It was GOOD to meet you in 2009 - we can pack that up and take that with us.) =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a beautiful, poetic post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you, too, Heather!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful sunset photo! And very sweet capture of your baby boy. Happy New Year! ~K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Sweet Angel. Happy New Year.

    , I use Most Popular to get my top 10. On the side bar list top 10 for the month. This is top 10 for year. I don’t trust it. Twitter stats through Hoootsuite is much different. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.