March 15, 2010

I Heart Faces: All Bundled Up



I'm always too intimidated by all the super photographers and their entries to participate in the I Heart Faces challenges... but I love the site and drool over all the give-aways. In case you didn't know, I actually won a lens from I Heart Faces once... my Tamron Zoom Lens. It rocks. I think I was using my little 50mm for this shot, though. It was way too cold to fiddle with my equipment on a day like that... and I use my 50 mil for indoor shots a lot (because it lets in more light).


I couldn't pass this challenge up because my kids might never be this bundled up again! We actually got snow in Texasville this year! We made a REAL snowman! I wrote about it when we had our snow day a little over a month ago. It was wonderful to see snow in Texas that actually stuck on the ground overnight! I didn't get near enough pictures of it... but a few of them came out really nice.

I forgot how cold snow is. We had more of it here in Texas than I saw when we were in Tennessee a few weeks before. For once, we could actually sing 'Winter Wonderland' and not have to refer to Styrofoam powder in the department store windows. I know that a lot of people up north were anxious to get rid of the stuff, but we were in snowflake heaven down here in the Lone Star State.

3 comments:

  1. I'm in TX too, we were totally under prepared with snow gear. We were wearing socks as gloves! What a natural beauty she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 her! And the snow. (Even though I don't like cold.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.