August 09, 2010

Taming the Chaos

If I had a photo for this post, it would look something like a building in a war zone - riddled with bomb holes, piles of bricks and construction dust... everything out of place. That's sort of what my house looks like right now.

I got the urge to declutter. Usually the 'de' part of declutter takes some getting to. Time, elbow grease, trash bags, and a whole lot of patience.

But get there, we must.

To have a good school year, you must start with an orderly home... a functional space to work, a plan on how things will be carried out... and everything in it's place.

That sounds almost surreal in my current state of chaos... but I am no quitter. I'm going to keep tackling these piles and pray that we'll get there soon. Because nap time is coming up for the baby... and mama is pregnant - and exhausted...

...and did I mention that the house was a disaster area?

Hopefully you are cheering me on. Or better yet - praying for my success.

See you tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have progress to report.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so totally there with you! Don't know why but once you get started, there's no quitting until it's right:) Love your blog! I'm new at this homeschool thing and found lots of inspiration from you.
    Thanks so much
    Becky C
    A Country Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work! Next week is my purging week, so I'll cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying for your success! I am aiming to declutter a bit myself this week. It is my first week off after 6 weeks of Summer Rec program for my girls. I managed to tackle cleaning out the fridge among other things yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came by to tell you that I have an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love getting everything organized, too. The house can look chaotic so quickly when homeschooling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With you there, Heather! I just went on a cleaning spree (tear more like it) this weekend and have so much more to do. I'm thinking, deep clean a room a day this week and by this weekend, I'll enjoy my home so much more!

    I HATE that I wasn't at BlogHer on Saturday for Flat Heather! :(

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.