June 26, 2008

Hangin' with My Homies

Hey y'all. I'm headin' out to a homeschool conference in the Lone Star State. Even us old dogs need to learn new tricks.

My poor daughter told me she didn't want me to go. "I like the way you teach. You don't need to learn anything else, " she said before I tucked her in. Oh, if only she could be 9 forever.

But since she won't stay 9, I had better go get my battery recharged before taking on the serious job of teaching a 5th and 6th grader next year! Yes, folks. I have a JUNIOR HIGH KID next year. You can unlock your jaw now and exhale. I know. I know. I had the same response when I figured it out. Amazing that they are somewhat normal and academically sound after 6 years of me homeschooling them, isn't it?! God is totally AWESOME, dude. If I can homeschool, anyone can.

So... I better get in bed if I'm going to register in the morning. I always show up fashionably late and unregistered. Makes for a more interesting time.

If you happen to be going to the Austin conference, I'll be the crazy one with A.D.D. listening intently to all the speakers so I can get my toes stepped on and my groove back. I'll probably be crying and laughing at the same time... and taking notes. And carrying around one of those hideous glittery purses that went out of style years ago. And drooling over things I can't afford to buy. Don't worry - I'll be easy to spot.


Subscribe to Sprittibee by Email

Buzz Words: , , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

  1. Oh girl! I love you! Old dogs. hmmph.. what does that make me??

    And wait until you realize you have a GRADUATE! Time flies!

    Have fun and have fun. Yes, I said that twice. Life is serious enough all the time.
    Drool over some 'spensive curriculum for me, ok?
    HUGS from IN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too! ;) The book fair was super. Just the pick-me-up I needed. Congrats on graduating Amanda. You deserve as much credit as she does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Morgan is such a sweetheart! :) You're a great teacher, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I saw you there on Friday. Wasn't sure, so I didn't want to go up and it turn out to be someone else. You were at the Rainbow Resource booth pawing everything like I was. Was that you? Did you have a light black jacket? It was a great convention. I love to listen to Andrew Pudewa.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.