June 29, 2010

Weird in Austin

ideaman

I've had a lot on my mind in the past week or so. (Ha! Pretty cute picture, eh?)

So for now... let me digress from the heavy topics and take you on a quick trip down Lamar here in Austin.

keepaustingreen

The folks from Austin like to share their motto on bumper stickers and t-shirts: "Keep Austin Weird". It is definitely a strange landscape... as a drive down any main thoroughfare will reveal.

lightbulbshop

Check out the Light Bulb Shop on Lamar. I've been wanting to get a picture of this groovy dude for ages. I finally talked my husband in to stopping for me to attach the Tamron Zoom lens.

lightbulbshop2

Yeah, that guy is way up in the sky, so you have to have a zoom lens to get a good picture of him. I love my Tamron.

And on our way back home, we passed this little donkey...

donkeydonkey

Don't worry. He's laughing WITH you, not at you.

And so am I.

It's good to laugh a little when things are crazy. I'm laughing quite a bit lately.

5 comments:

Thanks for stopping in to leave me a comment. I try to respond to all comments that are made, but sometimes life is busy and I am unable. If you make a point to leave a valid email address, I might just email you back instead!

If you are commenting just to leave your business links, please refrain. I don't allow free advertising here.

As always, please be kind to everyone - any comments that are rude will be deleted.