I bet you are so excited I finally got to the end of this series! Sorry about all the distractions, but you know how life is... our little feet are constantly on the move. If you are just joining us, you can check out Part 1, 2 and 3 of this series to read up on what you missed. To summarize, we covered how the Bible has many verses that give mention to our feet. Most of those are about our Spiritual feet. We have talked about the Good and the Bad feet, and today, in post 4, I'm going to cover the UGLY feet! Today's foot post is about our PHYSICAL FEET.
Song of Solomon 7:1 - How beautiful your sandaled feet, O prince's daughter! Your graceful legs are like jewels, the work of a craftsman's hands.
The God who wrote the Bible knows your feet pretty well... after all, he designed them. He gave you life to use them. He sustains them every moment. I know it's sometimes hard to see ourselves as a masterpiece when we are swimming in a sea of humanity, and sometimes feel like bottom feeders... but each and every one of us is a beautiful pair of feet to the Lord. We are here on this planet to be His hands and feet - to reach out to the lost and the needy and lend them our hearts and service in the name of Christ. I am glad that someone reached out to me.... I only hope I can return the favor.
When I was a teenager, a girl down the street taught me a cute little song about a girl with a daisy on her toe. I sang that song all the time. It ends by saying "My right foot loves my left foot so!" Another friend of mine that I met at one of my first jobs had a little girl who spoke English and Spanish. She was only about three, and she called her feet "Feditos". Here below, I have copied a few feet tidbits that I found interesting. I gathered them from various places, and gave credit where credit was due. I hope you enjoy!
Feet in the bible were constantly being washed... there are over 26 references to the washing of feet! God even gave the Hebrews a law regarding the washing of feet - the priests were to wash their feet before they entered the Ten of Meeting, and if they did not, they would die (Exodus 30:17-21)! I doubt if you never use lotion, never get a pedicure, and you let your feet get sunburned you are going to die... but it stands to reason that we should care for them - they are, after all, the only feet we'll ever get.
SOCK IT TO ME
To get right to the point -- and to make a sweeping generalization -- men have the strangest notion of style when it comes to socks and sandals. How many times has your head swiveled in horror as your eyes beheld black socks with sandals on some amazingly pale man's feet?
Sandals & Socks 4 Ever is a salute to that international trend among men to make poor choices in this area. Scroll down the page to see photographs from around the world of men wearing socks and sandals. The good thing is that not all of them are dark socks, but that may not make up for the outfits and the bellies that accompany some of these images. Actually, there are instances where the dark socks look all right, until you notice that they only come slightly above the ankle, and are being worn with long pants. You'll be knee-deep in chuckles as you cruise through the shoes here.
Cay Dickson wrote "Sock It To Me" - she is a Web site designer in Houston. Her e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org, and her site is www.ocay.com.
Take the Women's Summer Sandals Foot pledge!
- I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs... and the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps.
- I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe.
- I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow. I will shave the hairs off my big toe.
- I won't wear pantyhose with my sandals even if my misinformed girlfriend/coworker/mother/sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there.
- If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back in to place hoping it will stay put; I will get my shoe fixed or toss it.
- I will not live in corn denial; rather I will lean on my good friend Dr. Scholl's if my feet need him.
- I will resist the urge to buy jelly shoes at Payless for the low, low price of $4.99 even if my feet are small enough to fit into the kids' sizes (this is out of concern for my safety, and the safety of others). I understand that no one can walk properly when standing in a pool of sweat, and I would hate to take someone down with me as I fall and break my ankle.
- I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my toes swell and begin to look like Vienna Sausages.
- I will be brutally honest with my girlfriend/sister/coworker when she asks me if her feet are too ugly to wear sandals. Someone has to tell her that her toes look like they've been dragged behind her car on the way to work and no sandal in the world is going to make her feet look good.
- I will promise if I wear flip flops, that I will ensure they actually flip and flop, making the correct noise while walking and I will swear NOT to slide or drag my feet while wearing them.
- I will promise to go to my local beauty school at least once per season and have a real pedicure (they are about $15 and worth EVERY penny). I say spend another $15.00 and get an even better one!
- I will promise to throw away any white/off-white sandals that show signs of wear...nothing is tackier than dirty white sandals.
- Author Unknown (got this one on email!)
Foot photo compliments of Ray at www.ragingkraut.com