Ten Questions to Ask at the Start of a New (SCHOOL) Year
I agreed that I'd answer 29... Since I'm staying 29 forever (those of you who are paying attention know that I'm over 30).
1. What's one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
2. What's the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
3. What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. What's the most important way you will, by God's grace, try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
11. What's the most important decision you need to make this year?
12. What area of your life most needs simplifying, and what's one way you could simplify in that area?
13. What's the most important need you feel burdened to meet this year?
14. What habit would you most like to establish this year?
15. Who do you most want to encourage this year?
16. What is your most important financial goal this year, and what is the most important step you can take toward achieving it?
17. What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your work life this year?
18. What's one new way you could be a blessing to your pastor (or to another who ministers to you) this year?
19. What's one thing you could do this year to enrich the spiritual legacy you will leave to your children and grandchildren?
20. What book, in addition to the Bible, do you most want to read this year?
- Anything by the Vision Forum
- How to Homeschool, by Gayle Graham
- Homeschooling with a Meek & Quiet Spirit by Teri Maxwell
- Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson
- And the Shofar Blew by Francine Rivers
- Suncatchers by Jamie Langston Turner
- The Light and the Glory by Peter Marshall
- Original Intent by David Barton
- Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
- Hank the Cowdog Book on Tape Series for the Kids
- Discover Your Children's Gifts: A Parent's Handbook to Recognize and Develop Your Children's God-given Gifts by Don and Katie Fortune
- Beautiful Girlhood Collection
- Daughters of Destiny by Noelle Goforth
- The Basket of Flowers (A Tale of Devotion) by Christoph Von Schmid
- Home-Making by J.R. Miller
- The Sinking of the Titanic and Great Sea Disasters (Training sons to put "Women and Children First") by Marshall Logan
- G. A. Henty Historical Adventures Series
- Jesus Freaks - DC Talk
- The Devil Speaks Latin (not sure of the author, and I can't seem to find it right now since our move)
- Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis
- The Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman
- The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate by Gary Chapman
- Sex and the Supremacy of Christ by John Piper and Justin Taylor
21. What one thing do you most regret about last year, and what will you do about it this year?
22. What single blessing from God do you want to seek most earnestly this year?
23. In what area of your life do you most need growth, and what will you do about it this year?
24. What's the most important trip you want to take this year?
25. What skill do you most want to learn or improve this year?
26. To what need or ministry will you try to give an unprecedented amount this year?
27. What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your commute this year?
28. What one biblical doctrine do you most want to understand better this year, and what will you do about it?
29. If those who know you best gave you one piece of advice, what would they say? Would they be right? What will you do about it?
TAG! You're IT!:
Spunky, Amy, and Gooblink.