There is another house we saw yesterday that we are going to make an offer on today. It is built down the side of a hill (scary), and the back part is considered basement. It has four bedrooms, and a lot of extra space. It has potential, but the view from the street leaves little to be desired. Maybe a good coat of paint (even over the bricks) and some landscaping can turn this house around?
If this deal falls through, I'm going to turn in that apartment application. No more of this house hunting for me. I'm ready to end our "break" and return to a regular schedule. Mom is gone, and got home safely to Texas. We miss her a lot. I am running some errands today and we are eating in our hotel room to save money (went out and got groceries). Thank the Lord this hotel has a little refrigerator and microwave. I'm giving up reading food labels and being healthy somewhat - you have to make allowances when you have no stove, counter tops, or pots and pans.
Keep us in your prayers. I have a short prayer list for today if you don't mind adding it to your own:
- Our housing dilemma
- My friend Ammie's Dad and her husband's job
- My cousin Brooks who is out of a job and pretty depressed
- My friend Christi's family (just went through a divorce and her husband isn't doing well)
- My mom's hand and her financial situation
- India and Pakistan and those suffering there
- A lady in our hotel who's daughter had a transplant last week
- For us to find a church home here
God bless to all.