I can't believe it is 2007. This past year and a half has been such a blur. Last year, I spent a lot of time talking about each of my goals... but I thought I would spend more time KEEPING them this year. That is why you are going to get a short and brief list in here... and I'm going to turn off the computer and do some homeschool planning instead of elaborating much. I figure you have plenty of your own resolutions to attend to... and spending a lot of time reading my blog is probably not on your list!
So here they are (in no particular order after the first two):
Sprittibee's 2007 New Years Resolutions
1. Time alone with God daily ~ first part of the day.
2. Keep up my dayplanner/lesson planner/outlook calendars and use DAILY.
3. Organize everything everywhere (including house, school-stuff, & computer).
4. De-clutter and simplify wherever possible ~ at least weekly.
5. Plan ahead and follow through (homeschool/bible-school/menus).
6. Stick to a weekly menu-plan and cook 6 nights a week.
7. Budget and keep track of expenses (pay as much debt off as possible).
8. Exercise daily (hike, walk, Pilates, etc.)
9. Keep up with family and friends (pre-purchase birthday cards!).
10. Eat healthy and keep a food log ~ avoid sweets & grease, drink water, etc.
11. Loose weight (about 13 lbs).
12. Start the school day with prayer and Bible.
13. Switch my blog to the newer Blogger version.
14. Begin a foreign language program (Italian).
So those are the goals. However, I'm not going to stop trying if I mess up once or twice. I have to admit to you... that I ate at Mc Donald's for lunch today. I can think of a few resolutions on this list that were broken by that one small slip. We had no groceries in the fridge after two weeks in Texas. So, I am not kicking myself for splurging... just aware that it needs to be a RARE thing. I spent a whopping 140$ today to remedy the lack-of-groceries situation and cooked a mean enchilada soup tonight. I'll put that recipe up tomorrow on my foodie blog in case you just drooled a little while you read the above sentence. I also tried my hand at making a home-made version of Chipotle's famous guacamole. Holy. Cow. It was amazing. THAT recipe is already up. Click the word 'guacamole' to go check it out. I warn you, though... your thighs will NOT thank you for this.
I have not forgotten about the Charlotte's Web contest, either. I know you think I forgot. Admit it. I have an email in to the marketing lady and am awaiting a reply. I suspect she was on vacation for the holidays... so I'll make sure to email the winner promptly ~ as soon as she gets back with me!
Now... for other important lists...
I still have half of my 2006-7 school year schedule to accomplish... and it looks like 'Birds' may get deleted from our unit study goals. We start back up with Frontiersmen, Indians, Tracking, Trapping, Gold Rush, Westward Expansion, Predator and Prey tomorrow! I think we'll be learnin' about the old West for another two weeks before we mosey on along to another character trait with KONOS. Say a prayer for us if you remember... it is always hard morphing back into your regular routine after nearly three weeks off and plenty of welcome distraction.
Have a SUPER first week back to homeschool, work, or whatever it is you do! May God's blessings be on your New Year and may He strengthen you to accomplish your goals.
Psalm 20:4 ~ May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.
Buzz Words: resolutions, homeschooling, New Year, goals, homeschool, life, charachter, schedule, organization, time management, priorities, family, motherhood, parenting, lists, realistic expectations, planning ahead, self help, prayer, christianity, health, habit, changes, personal, weight