Ever feel like you have a pile on your desk that threatens to consume you? Well, I do TODAY. The whole family is going to suffer if I can't dig out from under here. It isn't just Homeschool Blog Award work to get done... it is a five-mile long list of other things that I have been neglecting during the awards and illnesses which have floated our way lately. I'm not just the mom, wife, cook, secretary, teacher, maid, and blogger around here. I'm also the family's Chief Financial Officer and today is payday. I can't put off the accounting another day.
So what does a Teacher-In-Service day look like around here?
Here are a few things my kids have planned for today while Mom gets sucked into her whirling vortex of paperwork and to-do items:
- Read a ton of library books (we plan to take them back to the library today)
- Help me grade some papers
- Finish up leftover school-work from yesterday
- Finish reading "The Princess and the Goblin"
- Help me organize and declutter the school shelves
- Work on crafts that need to be finished
- Make birthday cards for family and friends
- Play educational computer games
- Do chores
- Paint or draw
- Help with cooking (maybe make some cookies!)
- Watch some movies about our current school unit (ships and floating)
- Go to the library with me and over to a friend's house
- Goof off and play outside
I won't bore you with my long list. I probably won't be back in here Saturday or Sunday, though. Tomorrow is a regular school day for me and I'm also going to try and get the prize information up on the HSBA website by myself since Heather is unable to help.
Don't forget to vote today! You have until "the stroke of midnight".
Buzz Words: Homeschooling, Priorities, Schedule, Getting Things Done, Homeschool, Time, Home School, Lists, To Do, Busy, Blogging, Patience, Parenting, Time Management, Homeschool Blog Awards, Life, Education, Contest, Nomination, Links, Blogs, Blog Awards, Awards, Weblogs