It has been a while since I've done a meme that required some thought. Since I'm on my way out of town tomorrow for a week-long vacation, I thought I would dig in to my "to blog" folder and pull out something easy. I think I was tagged for this back in early November. Sorry Barbara!
The question of the meme is: "If you could take 5-10 classes/courses to 'fix your life', what would they be?"
Hmmmm. Not sure the wording of the question is the way I would have put it, but hey - I can play along anyway.
I'll just list for you a few of the classes/courses I'm interested in:
1. An in-home Bible study. Of course, I say in-home because that seems to be my main problem with going to any Bible study - the lack of me being able to GO. I would hate to make others come to my house in the boonies, though. Maybe an online Bible study with other women where we had a set time to "meet" and discuss the week's lessons? I absolutely love Beth Moore studies. I've been wanting to take another one for a long time.
2. A web design class... not limited to Photoshop classes and other web programs. I am hoping to get a few programs for Christmas, so this class might be a reality for me next year. As you can see... I have a blog design assistant up there on the desk (please ignore the dust on my keyboard tray that my kids have written in - how embarrassing).
3. Italian class. My buddies who live in Italy all speak Italian and it would be wonderful if our family could learn it for the future. We hope to travel there in a few years.
4. Cooking class. I would love to learn from someone's Mexican grandma how to make world-class Migas, home made tortillas, mouth-watering refried beans, and stuffed Chile rellenos. While I'm at it... I would also learn how to make Mid-Eastern and European foods that we love so much. I have a list of foods from Azerbaijan that we are very interested in trying to make. I love adding cooking in to our homeschooling.
5. A digital video editing class. I have always been interested in taking our home videos and making them into more interesting movies to preserve for the family. My mom paid someone a few years back to add music and clips from an old reel-to-reels and gave them away for Christmas one year. That was back when the technology for video editing was up and coming. I'm sure it has come a looong way since then.
6. A sewing and quilting class. I am a quilt fanatic. I also have an eye for color and art. I would really love to sew so that I could make things. I think needlework would be so fun. I love to visit soft-craft blogs to see all the latest original creations. I have quite a few embroidery and fabric-loving blogs in my sidebars. See if you can find some!
7. A painting class. Any kind of painting class would be great, but the kind of painting I would love to learn would be faux painting (interior finishes) - like the kind on HGTV that make you think your own white walls are the reason for all your problems. I have a friend who did this amazing texture, paint and glaze thing in her bathrooms and they look AMAZING. When I can afford the materials, I'm going to drag her over here on pain of death and make her show me how to do it.
8. Art classes. The kids are already going to art classes, but I would love to take them myself. I already asked their teacher if I could pay an extra pupil's fee and get an extra set of all the art supplies she is buying them for myself. After this school year is over, I'm praying that we can find another art class we can all attend together.
9. A book club. I would love to be in a book club. I really don't read enough for myself. I can't ever find the time (maybe it is because I'm blogging?).
10. A gardening class. There's no limit to how much I could learn because I kill anything I plant. Just ask the three chaste trees on my porch that should have been planted two months ago (which are nearly dead from aphids and lack of water). Growing my own veggies would be wonderful... the only part I don't like is the "work" part of it. That and I never learned how to balance gardening and the rest of our busy life (I am a city-girl). I guess you would also have to say that I have some geographical challenges, too... having only a back yard to do it in.
Quick Links to Other Memes
8 Random Things About Sprittibee
Whiskers on Kittens (few of my favorite things)
Goofy Facts #2
Goofy Facts #1
Subscribe to Sprittibee by Email
Buzz Words: Me, Personal, Memes, Education, Self Help, Goals, Personal Growth, Learning, Hobbies