April 06, 2009
Are you one of those people who like the good news first? I can't say that I am. I'd rather get the bad stuff out of the way so I can try and enjoy the good. That being said, I figured the photo above sums up how I'm feeling right about now. So I'm venting (something most bloggers will advise you NOT to do if you plan to keep your readers) and trying to get my attitude straight so I can focus on the positive.
Let's just get it out in the open, shall we?
1. I'm not growing boobs fast enough to feed the milk termite. We've been joking that one morning Kev is going to wake up and find him in bed with a lump in his stomach where I once was - like a bed-dwelling, mommy-eating anaconda. Sadly, I don't know if he's really gaining weight or how much I'm really feeding him. So this week I'm going to beg the doctor and see if he'll let me borrow his scale to just "see" if all this constant feeding is actually helping the little guy.
2. I left my laptop power cord in San Antonio. At the hotel. Like a complete moron. And now I can't get in to my homeschool assignments/records, pay my bills, check my email without getting online and spending a million times more time (of which I have little without my distraction keeping me one-handed).
3. Last night there was very. little. sleep.
4. Today there has been very. much. hormone. overload. And tears.
5. I let my daughter take pictures in San Antonio on the River Walk (because I was slightly busy)... and she took lots of blurry photos of DUCKS. I had pacifier duty. There was plenty unhappiness as I scanned the downloaded shots.
6. My husband may have to do some extended traveling - forcing me to have to do some extended traveling as well (if I want to get to see him at all). We did hotel school last week for a day or two, so I guess carschool and out-of-town school won't be so bad.
7. Kaden put his hand on the burner yesterday and got a second degree burn on his fingers. Poor kid.
8. I'm behind on everything. Bills, school, paperwork, email, blogging, laundry, housekeeping, projects, gardening, grocery shopping, and more. Seriously, folks... you know it is bad when you are fighting over the last roll of toilet paper.
9. I gained back five pounds. I thought you were supposed to eat when you were breastfeeding? That 13$ cheeseburger at Hard Rock Cafe was good (even completely cold after breastfeeding for 20 minutes in the restroom), but it sure is sticking to my hips.
10. I actually started this post Friday when we got home from our little 'business trip vacation'... so you can imagine how long it takes me to get things done around here. I feel like I'm in a time trap - and life is moving along without me. Wonder if I'll ever catch up.
So now for the good news? Now that you've popped open your Prosac bottle? Exercises in thankfulness are good for complainers like me.
1. The baby is breastfeeding. A week ago I was in tears trying to win him back to the breast, fighting off the urge to throw my pump out the window at the neighbor's annoying dog, and supplementing formula just to keep babysita from dehydrating. As long as baby is gaining weight, I can stick out the nipple torment.
2. We found the cord to the laptop. Praise the Lord. Now mommy has HER pacifier back.
3. I'm getting a bit more sleep lately. Baby sleeps well in the bed with me. We just rotate sides when he's hungry and change diapers between feedings. Now I'll just have to start getting to bed earlier and getting OUT of bed earlier. Looking forward to a routine...
4. I got to spend two nights in a company-paid-for hotel with Daddy in San Antonio. It was a really nice get-away after being cooped up in the house for so long. My mom helped me pack to go and clean the house before we left. Kev helped me with the carrier and diaper duty while we were there.
5. BlogHer wants me to speak in July. I'm so honored. I really want to go, so I'm looking for sponsors. I can't afford the air fare. Looks like the trip will cost me 1500$ if I were to go and although that seems impossible, I trust that God is in control and if He wants me in Chicago, He'll get me there.
6. We're getting school done despite the chaos. I doubt Charlotte Mason would give me her seal of approval, but I'm happy that at least all the basics are getting done plus some. Not having to give up ALL of our summer on catch-up is going to be a nice reward for sticking to it.
7. I have leftover fried rice and sesame chicken fingers from last night for lunch today. And I'll let you in on a little secret... I eat baby food. Yep. I'm addicted to Gerber's blueberry-apple. It is so. way. better. than applesauce. Try it! You'll get hooked.
8. At least I had time for a shower today.
9. My husband has a job. Travel or no travel - that's more than a lot of people can say in this economy.
10. This baby is ten-thousand kinds of cute. God knew what he was doing making babies so precious. Cute and precious keeps you from the adoption agency phone call at 3 AM when your nipples are bleeding and the baby's diaper leaked bright-yellow, liquid poop all over your Egyptian cotton sheets. Of course, that's just a dramatic example... but you get the picture. Life is not easy in the first months of babydom, so cuteness is a baby's best friend.
Subscribe to Sprittibee by Email
Buzz Words: nursing, infant, baby, motherhood, pictures, photos, grumpy, humor, mommy, cute, children, San Antonio, postpartum