I would say that things were back to normal around here, but we've never been normal. We lean a tad towards the crazy side - even when things are functioning smoothly.
Things aren't that smooth right now. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say we're at about a 30 (on the crazier than ever end).
This much is true:
1. We are at least HOME: all of us plus one piano-teaching grandma that is here for part of the week (Lord knows that we couldn't survive without her helping out around here).
2. The baby seems to be bouncing back: today he ate quite a bit of mashed potatoes and a little bit of chicken, never mind the fact that he needed two baths from exploding daipers (which I guess are still to be expected).
3. School is intermittent at best: tempers and attitudes were flaring this morning when mama laid the law down about getting back in to a regular school and chore routine. Our list ahead is long, but we're determined to get it done. Or else.
4. I NEED A MAID: Mama ain't happy when the house looks like a pack of wild Russian boars were living here for the past week. And so I hired one (and I suppose I'll have to pay for it with a credit card, but at least I'll have part of my sanity back). She arrives tomorrow at 8AM and I'm praying she has that sliver of my sanity with her when she gets here.
5. Most importantly, I NEED A BREAK: Yes, I did take a break from blogging while I was up at the hospital with my sick little dude... but... I am so behind on regular life that I'm afraid I'll be needing a brief intermission from the online world just to get caught up around here.
Bills must be paid.
The checkbook must be balanced.
Groceries must be purchased so we don't starve.
The garden must be tended and blackberries must be picked. [Cobbler awaits...]
We must catch up with ourselves on the ever-growing past-due school list.
Cats must be bathed. [If I never return, you'll know what happened to me.]
I'll be around - but too busy to post much more than a photo or two. Hopefully it won't take very long before I'll be right-side up again.